What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability Insurance, also known as “commercial liability insurance” is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business. It helps protect your business from property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or personal and advertising injury claims that could put your business’s assets at risk.
A single accident could result in a lawsuit that you might not be able to handle. A great way to protect against this type of situation is to make sure you carry enough general liability insurance.
Do I Need Commercial Liability Insurance for My Small Business?
All business owners should have some form of general liability insurance to protect your business, even if you think you’re not at risk. Just a single accident could result in a devastating lawsuit. We provide you with general liability insurance quotes to make sure you are protected against these types of situations.
Some employers might also require you to carry a certain amount of general liability insurance before you can work for them. Anyone who runs a small business, is self-employed, or works as a freelance tradesman, should consider small business liability insurance.
What Does Liability Insurance Cover?
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Reputational harm – Helps protect against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect against certain claims against your business if others claim you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims medical costs if someone is injured on business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect businesses against certain claims for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.
- Liability insurance also covers the cost of your legal defense and any settlement or award should you be successfully sued.
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?
The cost of a general liability insurance policy will depend on your business size, the amount of protection you want and any state required limits you’ll need to meet. The best way to get a true idea of cost is to get a quote specifically for your business and to review it carefully to make sure all of your concerns are truly covered. Filling out a quote request form will help start the process.
Let us help you make an informed decision about your business insurance needs. Our licensed agents specialize in helping small businesses obtain the best coverage at the best price, give us a call today at 888-834-8619.